The National Governing Body for skateboarding in the United States is now hiring a Chief Executive Officer for their organization who can start the job immediately with "au gratis" full-time. Gratis comes from the Latin word and an adverb which means free, without charge.
The appalling skateboarding scandal continues after USAS Chair Gary Ream was forced to resign due to multiple governance and monetary issues.
Along with the preliminary incomplete 2021 budget and issues related to USOPC funding, the organization's pillars resigned immediately due to the horrible treatment of their staff and lousy management.
The institution providing opportunities for all to participate, from enthusiasts to Olympians, has recently appointed Don Bostick as the new Chair, replacing Gary Ream. However, it's still not enough as they need a CEO to work for them for free.
USA Skateboarding - CEO Qualifications:
• Can start the job immediately au gratis on a full-time basis.
• 5-10 years of successful experience as President and or CEO at a large-scale global organization.
• 5-10 years of successful senior leadership experience at a social impact organization.
• 5-10 years of hiring and directing senior executives (IE: CFOs, COOs, CBOs, and CMOs).
• Experience in product, branding, licensing, marketing, and media initiatives.
• Experience in the sports, action sports, and or skateboard industry.
• Experience in athlete and corporate sponsorship endorsements.
• Experience in promotional membership programs.
• Experience in camps, programming, events, curriculums, and competitions.
• Create, and lead the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the organization in coordination with the Board of Directors.
• Experience creating and executing long-term business objectives (annual, three, and five-year strategies).
• Experience in international business affairs.
• Experience product licensing, branding, and marketing initiatives.
• Implement strategic plans based on data-driven analytics, projections, and financials.
• Manage the USA Skateboarding budget and ensure that it is a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet current and projected program growth.
• Ensure that USA Skateboarding complies with relevant NGB, state and federal laws, and regulations and with standard accounting procedures.
• Build a high-performing senior leadership team and play an active role in attracting, retaining, and developing a best-in-class staff.
• Identify and implement cost-effective ways to deliver state-of-the-art programs to stakeholders.
• Maintain ownership of the organization’s full P&L, setting priorities for revenue generation and resource allocation to support strategic priorities and stay in line with the Board approved budget.
• Participate in identifying and cultivating corporate, individual, and foundation sponsors.
• Cultivate excellent relationships with local media; provide oversight for USA Skateboarding’s presence on social media.
• Reach out to the community to present USA Skateboarding, its vision, and services through public presentations and by attending relevant events, conferences, and gatherings.
• Sponsor and/or co-sponsor special events designed to promote the USA Skateboarding mission or other like-minded missions.
• Develop and work with the Board, ensuring that Board committees and efforts are well-organized and funded.
• Inform the Board regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding, and program success and priorities
• Serve as the principal spokesperson with the USOPC, IOC, IPC, World Skate, and any other international federation of skateboarding.
• Coordinate National Championships annually by coordinating and promoting the administration of the National Championship Events.
Key Credentials and Personal Qualities:
• Experience in speaking and representing an organization publicly.
• Commitment to results; 'can-do" mindset with an emphasis on accountability.
• Experience in change leadership and change management.
• Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Start-up hands-on experience and willingness.
• Sense of humor, integrity, impeccable work ethic.
If you think you have what it takes to be the new CEO of USA Skateboarding to represent America in the Olympics and save the onslaught, you can kindly apply here.