Skip to content
ShreddER

ShreddER

Skateboarding News, Skate Videos & Industry Reports

  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • News
  • Contact Us
  • News

Converse Struggles Continue, But Nike CEO Dismisses Sale Amid David Beckham & ABG Ownership Talks

Nike CEO: "Converse Is Not for Sale"
ShreddER April 2, 2026
Nike CEO Dismisses Converse Sale Amid David Beckham & Authentic Brands Ownership Talks
Credit: Authentic Brands; Nike

As we reported earlier, corporate giant Nike slashed Converse’s marketing budget by 44 percent, directly contradicting CEO Elliott Hill’s promises of a turnaround.

READ MORE: Corporate Skate Shoe Giant Nike Cuts Converse Marketing 44% Despite CEO’s Turnaround Promise

Alexis Sablone x Nike SB Dunk Low x Converse
@nike.com

This huge cut has fueled speculation among analysts that Nike could be seriously considering selling the struggling brand.

Despite ongoing struggles at Converse, Nike president and chief executive officer Elliott Hill said during the company’s third quarter earnings call on Tuesday that selling the brand is not on the table.

Analysts had been speculating about a potential deal for Converse, but Hill dismissed those rumors, emphasizing that the brand will remain part of the Nike family.

“Converse will remain an important part of the Nike, Inc. family, and we are excited about its long-term prospects,” Hill said during the call. He added that while there is still work to do, the path forward is clear, with teams focused on strengthening the brand’s foundation.

Hill also noted some of the actions taken by the Converse team in recent months, including restructuring efforts earlier this year that led to layoffs.

While the company did not disclose the exact number of employees affected, these were described as decisive steps to improve the health of the business.

The financial numbers show the challenges the brand is facing. Third quarter revenues for Converse came in at $264 million, down from $405 million during the same period last year, a drop of 35 percent. The company noted that declines were seen across all regions.

Nike said it will share more details about its plans for Converse at its upcoming investor day later this fall, though the exact date has not yet been announced.

Post navigation

Previous Check Out Nyjah Huston’s “Return to Sender” Insane Tour Video
Next Supreme Unveils $8,998 ATM Machine Because Skateboarders Definitely Needed This

In Case You Missed It

  • Alexander Mitchell is pro for Jacuzzi UnlimitedAlexander Mitchell Turns Professional Skateboarder For Jacuzzi Unlimited
  • Jason Park SucksJason Park Wants to Normalize The Solo Post-trick Celebration Crab Turning
  • Efron Danzig with Her Vans ShoeTransgender Sponsored Skater Efron Danzig Just Secured Her Vans Premium Old Skool Buckle
  • Collin Provost's garageCheck Out What’s Inside Pro Skater Collin Provost’s Skate Garage
  • Gary Payton II’s Skate Board AssociationGary Payton II’s Skate Board Association Announces Massive IDM Arena Project in Big Bear Lake
Copyright © 2026 ShreddER. All rights reserved. All images are © to their respective owners.