Brooklyn Projects business owner Dom DeLuca demonstrated outstanding leadership by ensuring the safety and well-being of his staff in response to an angry hater who visited his skate shop due to an online altercation.
The saga began when a dispute unfolded in the comments section of one of the skate shop's posts.
The hater, whom DeLuca refers to as a "douchebag," waited 14 months before setting foot inside the shop to confront an employee about comments made online.
DeLuca took to social media to share his frustration, explaining the recklessness of people who feel emboldened behind a keyboard.
Below is DeLuca's post.
"In the age of social media .. people are reckless behind a keyboard than in person.
- This douchebag waited literally 14 months to come into my shop to confront one of my employees about comments he made about this dickhead after he posted some shit on our post.
- They went back and forth on DM’s and after this dickhead starting threatening us through DM’s and talking all this shit.. we posted the conversations and he got crucified online by the shops followers .
- He then pleaded to take it all down .. as people were calling his job and making complaints about him and threatening to beat him up, which in don’t condone ..but .. hey.. you played around and found out .
- Thought it was over after I deleted it all.
- This dude waited this long to come in and confront my employee .. and showed me the back and forths on his phone .. for 15 minutes . All the while again .. talking shit about how he’s above a skater that works in a skate shop.. and he has a “real job” whatever that is and makes 100’s of thousands are year etc .. I let him talk and tried to deescalate the situation .
- He then went in on me .. saying I’m a 50 something year old ( he got that right ) who works at a skate shop.. i told him I’m the owner and he shouldn’t be belittling people that work retail .
- He continued - I had enough.. I told him I was going to slap the shit outta him unless he left and if he didn’t leave .. he wouldn’t be able to .
- He then took his sorry ass out and still spoke some shit.
- PSA - don’t speak shit if you can’t back it up. Let everyone have their opinions and whether you agree or not .. let it go. Simple .
- Hope everyone is having a better day than this idiot."